Friday, May 6, 2011

Slap Dash Toolbelt

Last week I found Loki trying to tie up his tools around his waist with my jump rope, but he kept yelling out "Oh NO! They just keep falling". To calm him down I told him I'd make him a tool belt. Um, ok so I made a promise of sorts and had to set about making a Loki sized tool belt. Oh boy, what did I get myself into?

Notice the "digger" in the background?
He was inspired to bring his tool belt outside for it's first test run.


I call this belt "slap dash" because I just made it up as I went and tried to get it done as quickly as possible. I measured his waist and added a couple inches for the fold over velcro fastener, but did not account for the space the tools would take up so it's a bit snug.


I used a canvas fabric for the belt part and a quilt weight fabric for the pockets and loops. I hot glued a velcro button closer so that it would be something he can put on and take off all by himself.


I think I'm going to have to make a second one for his lil' brother. So I will take another run at making a toddler tool belt and may try my had at a blog tutorial about it (if it turns out).

What? I'm just working on this car here.




No comments: