Monday, May 16, 2011

Something Old, Something New.

This sweater is not actually that old. I started knitting it in January and finished weaving in ends about two weeks ago. I wouldn't call it finished because man, I can not figure out how to close this sucker. This was also the hardest thing to photograph, granted I am almost always shooting the pictures myself and that makes it even harder, but for some reason this was really hard. I just finally gave up.

Me looking dreamy. Close up of the collar


The low down
Pattern: I made this up. After searching Ravelry for patterns that matched my yarn/gauge I used several as guides but ultimately knit til it fit, divided for sleeves and body and then as I went shaped it just so in the middle so the fronts would meet. When all was said and done I didn't like it so I added a ruffle. For some reason this sweater reminds me of a Frilled Neck Lizard, so I'm calling this the Frilled Neck Cadi.
Gauge: 4 stitches = 1 inch

I did not put any buttonholes and now I have no idea what to do about how to have the cardigan close. Any Ideas?

Out of desperation I enlisted the help of my 4 year old. Can you tell?

I have no idea whats going on with my hands here but this one one of the "best" shots of the sweater.


On to the something new!! As I mentioned in my previous post I finished everything I had on needles and was waiting for yarn for my next project.

Light purple silky wool

It came last week and I jumped for joy when I opened the package.This yarn was better than expected! I love the pale lavender color and it's going to make one great summer top. Stay tuned.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say, I love that your 4yo is doing your photo shoot, but if you want another option, get your hands on a tripod and use the timer function (if your camera doesn't have a remote). If you're using a small camera, you can get by with an inexpensive, lightweight tripod. :-) Really like how your vest came out!