Friday, September 19, 2008

Bamboo and no wool



I ran out of wool last week (maybe that's why I've not been motivated?) and I've been experimenting with different types of stuffing. I bought a bag of Ecocraft PLA Fiber made from corn and a bag of bamboo fiber.

I stuffed my latest bunnies 3 with the "ecofil" and 1 with the bamboo. I discovered that bamboo is a bit tricky to work with and was really hard to embroider the face of my bunny. The needle just did not want to glide through the fiber. needless to say I finished up and got a rather interesting bunny out of the deal (and a sore finger). He looks a little monster-like or maybe I'm being hard on myself who knows. The other thing with bamboo is that it's rather squeaky. Weird and unexpected. It seems to fade the more you handle it, but it's  definitely there. It's kinda like a musical bunny!

I can't wait to solve my wool problem this weekend I'm going to go to the Spinners Flock sale on Sunday. Woo Hoo! I love going to this is wonderful. http://www.spinnersflock.org

No comments: