Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NOVEMBER 2nd? Time for a new hat!

It can't be! It's not for lack of projects that I have been away once again. I am spending ton's of time knitting and sewing and planning projects. This leaves me with little motivation to hop on the old computer. I also just got an Iphone (my husbands hand me down, but Woot!!! just the same) and, well, it's just so easy to do the basics (email and facebook for me) that my computer has been getting a bit dusty these days.

I whipped up this very basic ear flap hat last month. The weather is only just getting around to being cold enough that it's needed.
"No, no don't eat the leaves Astas!"

The Details of said whipped up hat:

Main Yarn: Baby Alpaca Grande Trim yarn: Malabrigo Worsted
Gauge: 3.5 stitches = 1 inch
Needle: 10

Ear flaps were knit 1st (at the same time) then I cast on stitches in between for the front and back. It was knit in the round using magic loop. The trim is a basic crochet edge, the leaves are free hand embroidery and the top is a simple tassel. All in all less than a day to make from start to finish!

No comments: