Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Tale of Two Budgies: Part 1


A soon as I saw the pattern for Budgie on Grumperina's blog I though it was the pattern I had been searching for. Finally a baby item with a zipper! Yippee!

I quickly downloaded the pattern and read through it so I could gather my yarn and needles to start right away and then ... BAM! In my mind it was a top down seamless sorta thing with the amazing addition of a zipper. No, sorry, it is a bottom up patten and the sleeves are knit flat.Ok, ok I am not going to let this stop me because the sweater is too darn cute.

I decided to follow the pattern with one minor exception: I knit the sleeves in the round using the jogless stripe technique from TECHknitting. I felt confident in my ability to pull this off since I used this very same technique during my pant madness last winter.


The down and dirty details:
Gauge: 21.3 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
: US 6 for main body US 5 icord trim
Yarns: Fibranatura Yummy 1 skein in grey dawn (370 yards)
Liliy Chin Gramercy 2 skeins in light blue (254 yards)
Elsebeth Lavold Cool Wool 1 skein in orange (109 yards)


Stay Tuned For Part 2: Budgie from the Top!

1 comment:

Rae said...

ooh looks GREAT!!!