Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Futte Futte felt ball shaker: Gather your tools


It was super hot and sunny here on Monday and I decided it would be a good day to haul out the old Futte Futte. 1st steps 1st, let's round up all the things you need to make a felt ball.

*The Futte Futte Felt Ball Shaker in all it's glory! *
(comes with a tiny spoon to measure the soap)
*Lovely Colorful wool roving for felt ball making*


*Soap and a some kinda tub*                           
I used Dawn this time to see if it helped 
with felting.(no difference.) 

 A medium sized tub is helpful so you have a good amount of room to swish about in.

                                        Also the water should be HOT, HOT, HOT!


This is a picture of the amount of roving I tore off of the ball. It's about 12 in but really I think it's an eyeball kinda thing. 



(It looks like a weird green flat snake.Hum maybe my next project?)

That's all you need to get started. I recommend doing this outside because it's easier to get you shake on and not make a mess. Stay tuned for the step by step in the futte futte process.

1 comment:

bb said...

I want a futte futte!