Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sorry to be away soooo long.

So after a super duper long, long break I'm back to posting and am going to try to keep it sort of regular. I'm even working on a free knitting pattern. Stay tuned. 

I've been knitting on and off (mostly off due to a shoulder injury, blah) and here is the progress:

It 's the beginning of  a baby blanket for the new little one coming in July. The pattern is from  Mason-Dixon Knitting and is the Moderne Baby Blanket which is done with "log cabin" style knitting. I must confess this is one of my favortie ways to knit a blanket because it allows for a ton of freedom and lots of creativity. I'm using Knitpicks Swish Worsted Yarn in allspice, marine heather, tidepool heather, lawn and bok choy. I was a bit disappointed at the rustiness of the allspice but it's starting to grow on me. I was wanting this to be a gender neutral blanket but because of the rust seems to be leaning in the boy direction. I think I'd like to add a creamsicle orange to it or maybe a lavender to balance it out. Any suggestions???

No comments: