Friday, October 9, 2009

Moderne Days Gone By.

I really wanted to show off some things I've done, but must admit they were finished long ago.

I made my first Mason Dixon Moderne Log Cabin baby blanket way back in 2007 for Loki before he was born.


I used 2 strands of Koigu KPPPM held together for the body of the blanket and a single strand of Louet Gems lt. worsted weight.

 
With the leftover yarn I made matching booties

Oh, little Loki when he was a week old! Doing this post was so fun. I got to look back at picture of my Loki when he was a tiny babe. Ohhh, time passes so quickly.
Let me tell you I wanted to use every scrap of yarn I had. It took 10 skeins of Koigu and 2 of the Gems to make this blanket happen. It was not cheap, it was worth it, but not cheap. I did use the rest to make the booties and was only left with about a yard of each color.

4 comments:

Kookababy said...

Too lazy too fix link it should have been the whole blanket :)

KnittyAttitude said...

Oh my how small booties! Very cute :)

Unknown said...

Awesome log cabin blanket. Did you knit it in sections and sew them together or did you knit as you go.

Kookababy said...

Thank so much! I'm all about keeping things as easy as possible. I do not like seaming either, so I knit as I went. It's a really magical way of knitting. It leaves a lot of room for being spontaneous without effort.