I had a totally different name for this post when I began, but then I saw what I was ending up with, well you'll see...
This is a story about a totally harmless little slipper.
It all started when I made myself a pair of slippers from the
Fiber Trends Felt Clog Pattern about 2 years ago. I wore them all the time and when they started showing some threadbare spots at the begining of last winter, I ignored it.
I went to put them the other day and remembered
"Oh yeah, these have holes"
I decided instead of making a new pair (remember the lazy factor)
I'd just repair the slippers. So far so good.
To make the repair I used a felted thrift store sweater. Still doing ok.
I cut out new soles to put over the old ones and I thought I was going to be brilliant and needle felt some extra patches on but it didn't work at all. Boo. This is where it all started going badly.
I resorted to hand whip stitching them on and then doing the same to attach the new soles to the slippers. I searched and searched for the blue yarn that I had made them out of to no avail. I did find the green yarn that I had made my husbands slippers out of. (His are fine by the way) and thats when..
... from the old slippers
Frankenslipper was born
Look away, look away. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!