Friday, March 9, 2012

Elfish My Selfish Hat

Last summer I knit myself a new winter hat. Unfortunately the yarn I used was not a good fit for the pattern which is kinda stretchy and the yarn is all stretched out and now the hat is big and it doesn't cover my ears.

I turned to Ravelry for inspiration and ideas when I stumbled across a kids hat pattern that I loved. My ears and head are now gloriously toasty all the time!


The low down
Pattern: Quynn by woolly wormhead
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran that I got I on a whim because it was on sale. It's super soft and the color is lovely. So far it's wearing very well with not a lot of pilling.
Mods: extra increases to fit an adult head and ears and changed from garter stitch to straight stitch after 5 garter ridges.


This was joy to knit and such a great way to seamlessly make a hat with earflaps. It knit's up fast too! I used my leftover yarn to make the same hat for my friends daughter.


No comments: